One of the most remembered details of a wedding is the food. The guests would cherish the golden moments of your wedding if they relish the food when you tie the knot. Therefore, a wedding caterer must be chosen carefully. You can add a personal touch to the lavish fare by including that elite dish on the menu. You could also prepare your signature dish especially for the guests.
Be sure to request some referrals from friends or relatives and take the opinion of at least two previous clients. Previous clients can testify whether they were satisfied with the service, set up, and clean up of the wedding catering company. You could also search for a caterer in your city or state by simply typing the postal code in the search box. Catering services in a wedding takes up more than half of the budget and must be chosen carefully.
You could add a dash of fun to your wedding by adding a theme to it. But do not forget to tell your caterers about it. For instance, if you have planned a medieval wedding, it would be incomplete without chunks of bread, feasts of roasted meats, and pints of ale. You could even plan an ethnic spread for the guests when you tie the knot. Have special dishes made, especially for children, people watching their weight, or people allergic to certain foods. Instruct the wedding catering service to serve food in bite-sized portions so that nobody ends up looking messy.
Before you decide to set the wedding bells ringing, decide what, where, and how your guests will eat.
- Schedule a tasting because it is both important and exciting. Caterers can prepare a sample of the food that you are ordering.
- Buffet dinners are ideal for any big event catering like weddings. Different cuisines can be accommodated in buffets and taste buds of all guests can be satiated.
- Ask the caterer what decorations and linen he would be using for the event.
- Also enquire about the tableware, silverware, and glassware he will be using for the wedding. The tableware should match the style of your wedding.
- Have only wedding cake for dessert if you want to save money.
- Blended wines, like buffet dinners, can satisfy the guests’ varying drinking tastes.
- Make sure meats and seafood are fresh and not canned or frozen.
Wedding catering should be special because food is the most discussed topic of conversation at and after a wedding. Any good caterer will ensure that you and your guests are served the most delectable food.